- 19 June 2013. Straight forward and simple to use, easy to understand and completed quickly. The cost is minimal and the service provided is very efficient. Would recommend this service to anyone, we are very pleased with the service provided.
Mr & Mrs Bob Morrison, Bromley, Kent.
How to apply for a Deed Poll to change your name
To apply for a Deed Poll to change your name, please click here. You can apply online, by telephone or in person.
Note: If you require documentary evidence of a past name change, for example if your name was changed by usage i.e. without a Deed Poll, or if your name was changed at a local solicitors office and you have since lost your Deed Poll document, please complete the ‘Replacement Deed Poll application form'.
This type of Deed Poll will include an additional declaration that states that you have been using your new name since the date of the original name change. A Replacement Deed Poll will be accepted without question by all government departments, companies and organisations as official documentary evidence of your change of name.
Sections in this article
Click on the links below to view each section of this article.
1. Applying for a passport in a name that is different to the name on your birth certificate
2. Changing the name on your passport following your change of name by Deed Poll
3. Changing the name on your passport following your marriage or civil partnership
4. Changing the name on your passport following your separation
5. Changing the name on your passport upon divorce or dissolution of your civil partnership
6. Changing the name on your child's passport
7. Applying for a British passport whilst overseas
8. Contacting the UK Identity & Passport Service
9. How to apply for a Deed Poll to change your name
This page was last checked today by Hazel Walker, Senior Deed Poll Officer.