- May 2013. A fantastic and very fast service.
Nikki, Rutherglen, Glasgow.
Changing the name on your passport following your separation
If you’re separated and you wish to revert to your pre-marital or pre-civil partnership name, you will need to change your name by Deed Poll. You can then use your Deed Poll to change the name on your passport. Your Deed Poll will also be accepted as documentary evidence of your name change when it comes to changing the name on all your other official documents and records, such as your driving licence and bank account, etc.
Please click here for more information about your change of name rights and options upon separation.
Sections in this article
Click on the links below to view each section of this article.
1. Applying for a passport in a name that is different to the name on your birth certificate
2. Changing the name on your passport following your change of name by Deed Poll
3. Changing the name on your passport following your marriage or civil partnership
4. Changing the name on your passport following your separation
5. Changing the name on your passport upon divorce or dissolution of your civil partnership
6. Changing the name on your child's passport
7. Applying for a British passport whilst overseas
8. Contacting the UK Identity & Passport Service
9. How to apply for a Deed Poll to change your name
This page was last checked today by Hazel Walker, Senior Deed Poll Officer.