- 20 June 2013. Thank you very much for your excellent service. Unbelievably fast. I feel much better about applying without any of the red tape and you have held my hand every step of the way. Best wishes.
Kelita, Newark, Nottingham.
Characters we can print on our Deed Poll documents
We will only print Latin characters on your Deed Poll document. However, we can print modified Latin characters that include the following accents and marks: acute, grave, circumflex, tilde, diaeresis (umlaut), cedilla, macron, ogonek, caron and a dot. To see a list of all characters we can print on your Deed Poll document (and instructions about how to enter them on your application form), please click here.
Note: You may find that some record holders’ computer systems will be unable to show your name correctly if it includes modified Latin characters.
Sections in this article
Click on the links below to view each section of this article.
1. Name restrictions
2. Characters we can print on our Deed Poll documents
3. Title restrictions
4. Fun names
5. Copyright and trade mark protection of names
6. Applying for a passport in a fun or trademarked name
7. Limits on the number of characters in a name
This page was last checked today by Amanda Dawson, Senior Deed Poll Officer.