How to apply


  •   5th March 2015. Fast Efficient Service. The Deed Poll service was simple and easy to use, I was fully informed each step of the way what was required and what would be needed. I initially thought that the process would be a long drawn out affair, but now c... 

    Debbie, Soho, London.

Good morning,

Welcome to the Legal Deed Poll Service

The Legal Deed Poll Service is a trusted issuer of Government recognised Deed Polls which you can use to officially change any part or all of your (or your child's) name.

Deed Polls issued by The Legal Deed Poll Service are guaranteed to be accepted everywhere including HM Passport Office, DVLA, UK Border Agency, DWP, Jobcentre Plus, HMRC, your bank, doctor, employer and so on.

The process of changing your name by Deed Poll is simple, you can apply online using our secure application forms (secured by VeriSign), by phone or by visiting one of our offices in England, Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland (appointment required).

Whichever way you apply for your Deed Poll, your documentation will promptly be delivered to your door within one to two working days (or sooner if you require an express delivery).

To find out more about how to legally change your or your child’s name by Deed Poll, please use the menu tabs at the top of this page.

If you have any questions which we can help with you can either: request a live online chat by clicking on the Live Chat button above, click on this link to request a call back, or call 0800 043 4321 (calls from landlines are free of charge).

Please note, if you are calling from a mobile it will be cheaper for you to call 0333 577 4321 (standard rate charges apply and calls are free if you have inclusive minutes or an allowance).

This website was last updated on 05/03/2015 at 09:04                         Next page >>

Live Chat

Need Help?

If you have any questions please use our Deed Poll Support Service:


Latest Tweets

  • Can I change my name instead of getting #married? Click Here @ 25/02/2015 17:51
  • I’m #transgender, how do I change my name and title? Click Here @ 25/02/2015 17:49
  • How do I change my name upon #divorce? Click Here @ 25/02/2015 17:46
  • How do I change my name upon #separation? Click Here @ 25/02/2015 17:45
  • How do I change my name after a #CivilPartnership? Click Here @ 25/02/2015 17:43
  • How do I change my name when I get #married? Click Here @ 25/02/2015 17:41
  • Can I add a middle name by #DeedPoll? Click Here @ 25/02/2015 17:37
  • How do I get a copy of a lost #DeedPoll? Click Here @ 25/02/2015 17:35
  • How long does it take to change my name by #DeedPoll? Click Here @ 25/02/2015 17:32
  • Where is a #DeedPoll registered? Click Here @ 25/02/2015 17:30
  • Are there any restrictions on names? Click Here @ 25/02/2015 17:27
  • Who can apply for a #DeedPoll? Click Here @ 25/02/2015 17:26
  • How much does it cost to change your name by #DeedPoll? Click Here @ 25/02/2015 17:24
  • Who can witness a #DeedPoll? Click Here @ 25/02/2015 17:23
  • Can I change my title? Click Here @ 25/02/2015 17:18
  • Which part of my name can I change? Click Here @ 25/02/2015 17:13
  • I now want to revert to my birth name. Do I need to do this by #DeedPoll? Click Here @ 25/02/2015 17:10
  • What does a #DeedPoll look like? Click Here @ 25/02/2015 17:08
  • How do I change my name by #DeedPoll? Click Here @ 25/02/2015 17:03
  • How do I change my #title upon #marriage? Click Here @ 25/02/2015 16:59
VeriSign SSL
Get in touchClose
Request a Call Back (Popout)
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
CloseGet in touch

Please call for an appointment.


The Legal Deed Poll Service is rated 1.54 stars by based on 48 reviews